THE JIST

I am Denelle Kennedy and I make selfish, self serving art


1.08.2016

The Face Of January

Still From Video Just Do it Your Selfie, 2015

I have a new video showing this week at the Camden Image Gallery in London.
'The Face of January' is a Portrait and Figurative Exhibition to raise money for Solace Women's Aid

"The intention in my fictionalized video self portraits is to create multiple personas of popular culture clichés. The staged presentation of the characters is to develop a slippage between the virtual and the real. These theatrical video self portraits employ an almost instagram aesthetic that use the vocabulary of the photographic still through a time based structure to further heighten the fictionalization of the female protagonist in play. Although these images are all of me, I do not view them as photographs of myself rather they act as embodiments of my thoughts on natures, technology, performance, identities and façades."


This exhibition will run from 7th - 13th January 2015

All Images Are Self Portraits Created by Denelle Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment

EAT IT

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.