THE JIST

I am Denelle Louise Kennedy Ellis and I make selfish, self serving art


7.30.2017

Change your hair Change your life

Self-Timed Portrait, 2017

Change your hair, change your life. That's what I always say. A lot has changed in the past year. I've even got a new name! Along with marrying an amazing man, we've started our own business. We are both photographers and both passionate about the same things. We turned our Victorian warehouse home into a daylight photo studio. It's called Peanut Factory Studio and it is literally a dream come true. 


Self-Timed Portrait, 2017

Self-Timed Portrait Denelle & Tom Ellis, 2017

In November 2016 I went for an exploratory surgery, they found endometriosis. I have not been well for sometime, but after the surgery it was a whole new ball game. Tom and I have made some pictures during my "recovery" and I am currently working on a number of collaborations with publications I am quite excited about. I've become determined to inform more women on the signs of endometriosis and to fight for adequate healthcare for women. 

Self-Timed Portrait, 2017
Luckily I have had some amazing support during this journey. Tom continues to be the yin to my yang. We both feel it's important to work through our hurdles using ourselves in performative imagery. This past year has had a lot of ups and downs but we are closer than ever and stronger because of it. I am really excited for what's next. 
Self-Timed Portrait by Denelle & Tom Ellis 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

EAT IT

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.